Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Word of Wisdom, remixed

I’m not a fan of Glen Beck,* but i have to comment in his defense against a comment about him on a forum that shall remain nameless to protect the guilty. It read:

I know that when a Latter-day Saint works at a store or restaurant they may have no choice about selling or serving coffee.

I listen to the Glen Beck radio show. He’s Latter-day Saint. This morning he was selling “Glen Beck coffee cups”. This can’t be right.

My reaction: As long as he wasn’t encouraging people to rest them on their coffee tables in nearby coffee shops while they eat coffee cakes and coffee rings and have a coffee klatch during their coffee hour (or coffee break, if they prefer), i don’t see as how it would be a problem.

I do think that consuming Glen Beck is against the Word of Wisdom, however.

* A right-wing (though not ultra-right-wing) radio talk show type, nationally syndicated in the United States. He’s an adult convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and discusses it occasionally on his radio program.

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

He also has a Fox News show and used to be on HLN until they figured out he's not liberal. And he's written a few books. And he has a magazine.

We're members of the Insider and I'm currently listening to today's show. We love Glenn. I've listened to his show off and on for four or five years.

No coffee cups for me, though, because they're just too small for the amount of hot chocolate I like at one time ;P