Sunday, December 9, 2012

Learning and growing

So people say that serving a full-time mission gets you to grow and learn in cool ways, but they generally mean spiritual things by that.

For me, i think that the most important thing i learned from being a full-time missionary was how to laugh. I come to this conclusion by recalling how many people commented on how after my mission i was able to give in fully to laughter when i thought something was funny, whereas beforehand i’d always been a bit reserved about laughter.

And i think that just that result alone would have been reason enough to have gone.

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I don't remember you much before you went on your mission. I was 8 or 9 when you left for college. In my mind you have always laughed a lot.

Or talked with a fake British accent and his one eye behind your hair. I remember that, too.