As much as i loathe extra-special bonus meetings, i do wonder why we don’t do Xmas Eve meetings, like so many other Xian faiths do. I mean, if you’re gonna have one extra meeting, you’d think that’s the one you should have.
(Of course, not having a bonus meeting on Xmas is, i suppose, better than what we do with Easter, which is to have the regularly scheduled meeting anyway but pretty much ignore the specialness of the day while we’re meeting.)
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was just saying the same thing to Jamie about wishing we had a Christmas Eve service. We considered pretending to be Catholic just to go to midnight mass, actually.
But, see, this is proof that I am more evil than you are. I think it would be nice to just exchange a Christmas Eve service for that week's Sunday service so it wouldn't be extra at all.
I also agree about Easter. It's weird. We were in one ward where they basically did a musical about Christ's death and resurrection for Sacrament Meeting on Easter Sunday one year. It was incredibly awesome and I was left wondering why that wasn't a regular annual thing.
Post a Comment